© Photo courtesy of Scarborough Renaissance Festival
Source: Scarborough Renaissance Festival | 3/14/16 | Dallas
The most unique festival in North Texas, Scarborough Renaissance Festival®, returns for its 36th season on April 9, 2016! There is interactive fun for everyone at Scarborough Renaissance Festival® as you step back in time to the 16th Century days of King Henry VIII. 23 stages of extraordinary non-stop entertainment, full combat jousting, Birds of Prey exhibitions, the Grande Parade, Renaissance rides, games of skills plus mermaids, knighting ceremonies, a human chess match, over 150 costumed performers and so much more!
Scarborough Renaissance Festival® is also one of the largest outdoor juried craft shows in the country offering an incredible shopping experience with exquisite hand-made crafts in over 200 shoppes (that's more than most area malls) along with artisans demonstrating age-old crafts like glassblowing, candle making, stone carving, metal works and many others each day of the Festival.
Scarborough Renaissance Festival® 2016 opens April 9th and will run every Saturday and Sunday (and Memorial Day Monday) for eight consecutive weekends through May 30, 2016. To kick off the 2016 season, the Festival is offering Kids Free April 9th and 10th – up to three children (ages 5-12) admitted free with each paid adult. Children 4 and under are always free. Seniors 65+ can get in for half price opening weekend as well. Each successive weekend has a different theme and a variety of special events including the Mother's Day Brunch and the all new Vow Renewal Reception.
Scarborough Renaissance Festival
Continuous entertainment and interactive activities include music, comedy, artistic demonstrations, feats of strengths, feasting, a Grand Parade, and much more.
People often ask us what is so special about Scarborough Renaissance Festival®. I tell them that it's because we are so completely different than anything else you can experience in North Texas. says Coy Sevier, General Manager.
Scarborough has a huge variety of entertainment that is vaudevillian in nature (that you just won't see anywhere else) and our entertainers are extremely interactive with the audience. On the craft side, the majority of the artwork is exclusive to our Festival and the Artisans demonstrate crafts that you rarely get to see firsthand. Combine all that with Mermaids, Kings and Queens, Knights and Fairies, Scarborough truly becomes a magical place with something for everyone to enjoy!
Scarborough Renaissance Festival® is a step above when it comes to the food selection – it is truly Food fit for a King! Visitors can feast on our famous giant roasted turkey legs (the best you'll ever eat), the largest food-on-a-stick selection in North Texas, Scottish Eggs or try some of the daily special creations at our very own Pasta Palace and Scarborough Bakery. You can even dine at our sit down restaurant, the Rose & Crown Inn Restaurant that features daily specials and signature items like Shepard's Pie, meat pies and Muffalettas.
Visitors over 21 can partake in Scarborough Mead, beer, wine and other adult beverages at one of the 10 pubs and taverns. There are also daily wine and beer tasting events for those with a more discerning pallet. Tastings require a separate ticket that can be purchased in advance.
Scarborough Renaissance Festival's 2016 Season offers long time favorites and some exciting new additions:
New & Notable Entertainment
- Carriage rides throughout the festival – NEW for 2016
- The largest performing cast ever – 157 members of the Scarborough Academy of Performing Arts (SAPA)
- The London Broil Show Improvisational comedy and spectacular juggling with knives, clubs & fire returning to Scarborough Renaissance Festival® for the first time in more than 8 years. 2 Weeks Only!
- The Danger Committee – Recently featured on America's Got Talent. 2 Weeks Only!
- The Fire Whip Show – Multiple Guinness World Record Holder
- Don Juan & Miguel – Celebrating 31 Years at Scarborough Renaissance Festival®
- Fireflicker the Dragon – (new) A creature of whimsy and magic
- Ember Rosenflame – (new) A Fire Fairy raised by dragons, dancing & spreading joy in the human world
- Randal Piper – (new) Lively tunes and heartfelt ballads
- Lady of the Lake Silks – Hand dyed and painted silk scarves and silk fan veils
- The Knarly Knot – Tankards, mugs, cutting boards, smoking pipes and other beautiful useful wood products made from domestic and exotic woods
- Sea Glass Gypsy – Whimsical glass mobiles and jewelry hand crafted using pieces of glass harvested from the ocean
- Namesake Henna – Original and custom henna designs applied by experienced henna artists
- Thistle & Gunn – Printmaker who uses hand carved blocks to print historical designs that are then colored by hand. 4 Weeks Only.
- Skiddlyrumpus Toys – Fun and fanciful toys and soft sculptures crafted from upcycled wool, cotton, silk, wood and leather. 3 Weeks Only.
- Connie Colten Jewelry – Very elegant and unique, welded bronze jewelry. 1 Week Only.
- Queen Bee Honey – Directly from the beekeeper to you, natural honey and honey-based beauty products. 4 Weeks Only.
2016 Themed Weekends and Special Events
- April 9 & 10 Opening Weekend / Kid's Free / Half price for Seniors
- April 16 & 17 Celtic Weekend
- April 23 & 24 Royal Ale Festival
- April 30 – May 1 Artisan's Showcase Weekend/ Deaf Awareness Day – April 30
- May 7 & 8 Mother's Day Weekend / Renaissance Romance
- May 7 & 8 Mother's Day Brunch/Vow Renewal Ceremony & Reception
- May 14 & 15 Live the Fantasy Weekend
- May 21 & 22 Legends of the Seas Weekend
- May 28, 29 & 30 Final Knights/Veterans Tribute on Memorial Day Monday
Scarborough Renaissance Festival® is open Saturdays, Sundays, and Memorial Day Monday, April 9 – May 30, 2016 from 10 AM to 7 PM. Located in Waxahachie, Scarborough Renaissance Festival® is just 30 minutes south of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex on FM 66 off of I-35E at exit 399A. From Austin or Waco, follow I-35E north to Exit 399.
Admission is $25 for adults and $10 for children, ages 5-12 . Children age 4 and under are admitted free. Parking is free compliments of Waxahachie Autoplex. Tickets are available on-line and discount tickets can be purchased at Tom Thumb & Albertsons stores. A
2 tickets for $40 coupon can be found at North Texas MetroPCS stores from March 28th through May 1st, and discount coupons can be found throughout the season at Waxahachie Autoplex. Sponsored by Dr Pepper. For more information visit SRFestival.com. Facebook & Twitter (SRFestival) or on Instagram (theSRFestival)
See additional information below or visit: